A Dell Fluid Data architecture enables Dell Compellent network storage to manage enterprise data at a more granular level. Details about each block of data are captured in action, providing real-time system intelligence. A powerful data management and movement engine uses this information to actively store, migrate and protect data efficiently and cost-effectively.
With a Dell Fluid Data architecture, Dell Compellent breaks through the boundaries of traditional data storage systems to deliver solutions with the future built in. Business applications are implemented faster, information to make decisions is available when it’s needed, new technologies are readily adopted and deployed, and data is protected against downtime and disaster.
Dell Fluid Data Architecture Delivers
• Breakthrough efficiency—buy fewer drives and use more Tier 3 storage, saving on power and space
• Intelligent storage automation—simplify your IT infrastructure with zero-touch management
• Single platform scalability—scale on demand with a persistent, technology-independent platform
• Continuous data protection—protect data with space-efficient snapshots and multi-site replication
• Best-in-class comprehensive enterprise support—like having a Dell Compellent expert on staff
Optimizing Scale and Availability for Enterprises and the Cloud
Storage Center 6.0 software for the Dell Compellent Series 8000 virtualized storage array allows enterprises to rapidly adapt to changing business requirements. Organizations can leverage the latest industry standards, from 10 Gb iSCSI and FCoE frontend connectivity to 2.5″ or 3.5″ 6 Gb SAS drives and enclosures. Live Volume software delivers high availability and continuous access to data by enabling transparent volume migration between two Dell Compellent arrays.
The Storage Center 6.0 Advantage
• 6 Gb SAS drives provide twice the performance and use nearly half the power of 3 Gb SAS drives
• 2.5″ SAS drives are two-thirds smaller than 3.5″ drives, resulting in a significant performance boost with a smaller footprint
• 6 Gb SAS enclosures provide 24 bays to accommodate twice the number of spindles in the same amount of rackspace
• 10 Gb iSCSI and FCoE I/O cards and HBAs provide the latest industry-standard interconnect performance
• Live Volume acts as a storage hypervisor, actively mapping one storage volume to two Dell Compellent arrays at the same time