Some options shown in the following examples may do not appear when creating and configuring volumes, it is because your user volume default options were configured to disallow these choices. To create a volume with the Create Volume wizard follow the below steps
1. From the Storage Management menu, select Create →Volume.
The Create Volume wizard asks you to select a disk folder for the volume to use. The disk folder contains the physical disks the volume will use for storage. Select the disk folder you want to use and click Continue.
A page appears asking you to select the redundancy level you would like to use. Click either Non-Redundant or Redundant. The next page asks you to select a volume size.
Figure. Create Volume
2. Enter the volume size and choose a unit of measure from the drop-down menu. System Manager passes this size to the server when the volume is mounted.
3. Select any Advanced options, click Continue.
4. Click Continue. If Data Instant Replay is licensed for your Storage Center, the Replay Profile page appears.
Note: If the disk folder chosen has not been prepared for the redundancy type chosen, a page opens with instructions for preparing the disk folder. Follow the instructions and click Continue when done.
Note: The Advanced button is displayed only if your User Volume Defaults allow you to modify the Storage Profile and cache settings to be used by the volume.
7. Select an existing Replay Profile, or click Create a New Replay Profile.
8. Click Continue. The page on which you select an existing folder or create a new folder and name the volume appears.
9. Select an existing folder in which to create the volume or click Create a New Folder to create a new folder.
10. Enter a volume name or accept the default. Optionally, you can add notes.
11. Click Continue. System Manager displays volume attributes.
12. Review the attributes. If correct, click Create Now. To change attributes, click Back to scroll through the Create Volume wizard and correct volume attributes. This next page confirms completion of volume creation and presents options available after creating a volume.
Figure . Confirmation and Next Action