Follow the below steps to do a full virtual machine restore to its original location.
- Start the NetBackup Backup, Archive, and Restore interface .
- Specify the source client and destination client and type of policy:
In the Java interface, on the Restore Files tab, click the restore icon (hand symbol in the upper right).
- In the Windows interface: Click Files > Specify NetBackup Machines and Policy Type.
- Select the type of restore:
In the Java interface, on the Restore Files tab, select Restore type > Virtual Machine Backups.
In the Windows interface, click the down arrow on the Select for Restore option.
Select Restore from Virtual Machine Backup. A restore window displays the backups available for restore.
- Select the virtual machine backup to restore. In the Java interface, do the following:
On the RestoreFiles tab, specify the Startdate and Enddate within which to search for the backup. Click either of them calendar options.
Specify root (/) in the Browse directory field and press Enter.
Click on the root directory that is displayed under Directory Structure
- Select restore options.
In the Java interface, click Restore.
In the Windows interface, click Actions > Restore.
Before click on start recovery, make sure pre-recovery check completed with passed status without any failed status found. Once all options shows passed, click on start recovery and it will complete the restore without any issues.
If you find this post is useful/helpful, please follow, like and share. Thank you for visiting my blog !!!