Please find the link fileconnect to download Symantec NetBackup 7.7, before downloading the same, as a first step upgrade the backup licenses from any 7.x to 7.7. You can find more in details about the license upgrade from my next post.
New Features In 7.7
- Expanded support for cloud storage providers, including Google Nearline, HDS, and Cloudian.
- Enhanced cloud backup and restore performance.
- VMware vSphere web client and Microsoft SCVMM plug-ins.
- Intelligent Policies for Hyper-V and SQL Server.
- Audit Controls/FIPS Compliance.
- Support for NetApp Clustered Data ONTAP (cDOT).
- NetBackup Self Service enhancements.
Key Features in 7.7
- Converged backup platform integrates software and hardware to create a solution that is extremely easy to deploy and maintain.
- Extensive integration with virtual and physical systems, applications, and storage technologies enable almost any enterprise environment to be protected using a single solution.
- Accelerator reduces backup times from hours to minutes by limiting backups to changed blocks and combining them with previous backup data to produce synthetic full backups.
- Auto Image Replication automates the process of moving data to another site for disaster recovery, merging data from multiple sources and synchronizing catalog information to speed recovery.
- Replication Director orchestrates hardware snapshot and replication operations from leading providers such as NetApp and EMC, ensures snapshots are application-consistent, and catalogs snapshots for easy file restore.
Key Benefits in 7.7
- Dramatically simplify enterprise data protection by eliminating point products and trivializing infrastructure management.
- Keep pace with massive numbers of systems and growing data volumes.
- Easily manage, replicate, and retain copy data according to preset policies.
- Quickly recover from any backup storage, including snapshots and deduplicated disk, with easy granular restore of any files or objects by simple checkbox selection from an intuitive interface.
- Manage a large enterprise environment with limited staff and resources.