In this post will show you the procedure to power down the storage controllers gracefully in a NetApp 7-Mode HA-Pair. To perform the same you have to log-in to each controller via service processor or RLM using “naroot” user and continue with connecting to system console to disable the cluster failover between two controllers to avoid takeover while shutdown. After you successfully disable the cluster failover, use “halt” command to shut down the storage controller gracefully.
Once you halted the storage controller, it will immediately drop into a loader prompt. From the loader prompt, you have to go back to SP or RLM to continue with powering down the entire system. Use “ctrl +D” to go back to Service processor (SP) from loader prompt.
Please follow the below steps with screenshots to gracefully shutting down the NetApp 7 mode HA-Pair Storage Controllers.
Gracefully Shutting down NetApp 7 mode HA-Pair Storage Controllers:
- Login to NetApp controller Service Processor (SP or RLM) by using putty and connect to system console
Login Username: naroot
SP> system console
- Disable cluster failover in order to avoid takeover while shutdown.
fas> cf status
fas> cf disable
fas> cf status
- Halt both the storage controllers from the console, it will be halted and drop to loader prompt.
- Go back to SP/RLM from loader prompt and issue “system power off” command to power off the system.
- Press “ctrl +D” to go back to SP
- Check power status by command “system power status”
- Power off by using “system power off” command, check and confirm the status.
If you find this post is useful/helpful, please follow, like and share. Thank you for visiting my blog!!!