The Six-Step Installation
• Installation and configuration is streamlined; appliances are preinstalled with software.
• Easy, step-by-step procedure (by following installation wizard) reduces setup time.
• Two-phase setup
• Service Processor (SP)
• The six steps of the installation wizard:
1. Installing the hardware and configuring the primary network interface
2. Starting the browser interface
3. Configuring the networking, name services, and system clock
4. Optionally, configuring one or more directory services
5. Configuring storage pools
6. Configuring NAS features
Brief about Installing an Oracle Sun ZFS Storage Appliance:
1. Installing the hardware and configuring the primary network interface through the serial port: After the hardware is rack-mounted and cabled, connect to the appliance through the serial port and assign an IP address to the management interface.
2. Starting the browser interface: A secure browser interface based on Ajax is included. Supported browsers include Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, and Safari.
3. Configuring networking (including name services and the system clock): Supported name services include DNS (Domain Name Service), LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol), and NIS (Network Information Service). The date/time can be configured to use NTP (Network Time Protocol) or to be manually updated.
4. Optionally configuring one or more directory services: Supported directory services include Active Directory, LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol, such as Oracle Internet Directory), and NIS.
5. Configuring storage pools: Allocate drive space to hybrid storage pools and assign them to servers.
6. Configuring NAS features: These include Reliability, Availability, and Serviceability (RAS), alarms and threshold alerts, phone home, and more.
Five Things to Look For in a Unified Storage Solution
• Flash technology
• Hybrid storage pools
• Intelligent management software
• Analytics capabilities
• In-line deduplication with compression
If you find this post is useful/helpful, please follow, like and share. Thank you for visiting my blog !!!